on 21:45


So the Pokerstars UKIPT tour is in town, well Nottingham anyway.
I’m scheduled to play the side event on the Friday evening £100+£10
Main event on the Saturday, Day two Sunday and Final table hopefully.

I’ve been chilling out the last couple of days doing some work around the house and managed to get a game of golf in today so I could use the Christmas present I got myself (Skycaddie SXG) and see if I can start to chop 5 shots off my handicap of 16 by the end of the season.

John Deeley came over and although the weather had been a bit overcast all morning things had started looking up for our mid-day tee time.

Having agreed a friendly game £5 front/£5 back/£5-18 match play things started ok and we were level after 5 holes but the wheels then dropped off, on the 9th hole John took the front nine with a 4 hole lead.

10th hole and I’m 5 down in the match – I get a birdie on the 11th to go back to 4 down and we half the 12th after a massive 285yd drive from me. I then get my shit together and start playing proper golf winning the 13th, halve the 14th, win the 15th, halve the 16th and now I need the remaining two holes to force a draw, 17th and I drive like 270yds – take the hole and then I smash my drive up 18 leaving myself a nice short iron to the pin. Shaking hands on the 18th and not having to part with any cash as it looked like I was 315 for the worse at one point – the old dogs still got a fight in him….

Don’t know how I’ve gone for so long without the Skycaddie.seriously a must for any recreational player who wants to reduce their handicap.

My diet’s been going pretty shit and need to get back on that particular drive.

Good luck if your playing any of the weekend events at dtd and the Pokerstars festival.

1 comments:

Fluence said...

Hi Steve,

I've had you on my blog follow list for a while, could you do me a favour and put me on yours?

I've given you and the lovely Laura a mention in my latest post.

http://fluence-poker-dinosaur.blogspot.com/

Dave Griffiths
(Ex Poker Tour Radio)

Search