on 06:23



December 2007 I first started playing at Dusk Till Dawn, bubbling final table on at least 3 occasions since my first visit – but I finally laid all my demons to rest last night.

Having sat’d into this mid month £200 deepstack for the princely sum of 22 euros I arrive at the club slightly late due to traffic and I’m glad to see that there was no overlay – 73 runners making the field up and the guarantee exceeded by £600 giving a nice pot of £15600 to play for, I take my seat on table 13 seat 4.

I go down to the felt early 2nd level (2400) from my 10k stack when I put a bluff in on the river only to get called by an ace with a shit kicker, exactly the hand I put him on, whilst I was holding 2nd pair. I claw my way back into the game and after a couple of shoves I’m up to a nosebleed of 4700 when I’m on the BB 100/200 level when there’s a limp utg then a min raise to 400 from utg+1 3 more callers round to me so I pop the extra 200 into the middle with 57o flop comes 466 so I check as does utg then utg+1 makes it 600 fold to me so I flat him and hit the 3 on the turn for the straight, I check to him and he leads for 1500 so I give it the dwell and shove for an extra 2k to which he snaps me off with KK whilst being dead and buried.

I don’t really look back from this spot and my only out draw comes when we are 5 handed and on the bubble for final table, we’ve just had a BB moved into our table at level 13 - 2k/4k/400 and I bet it to 12000 from utg with AT suited, folds to the BB who I’ve got no history with, a Polish bloke I think (Aryah Herskovic), he tanks, gives it the Hollywood then shoves for 48k ish – I count my stack out and I’ve just got him covered but only just, I contemplate that we’re on the bubble and I decide that he’s body demeanour doesn’t want a call – I eventually push my chips over the line and he flips AJ “prick” I say to myself, I then say to the dealer “Don’t keep me waiting buddy” and he duly delivers TTKAJ

I make final table with 90k when the ave is at 85k top prize is £5390 whilst 9th picks up £300- Also on Final table was Andy Johnson, Thomas Jones, Gazza Phillips, John Lundy, A Patel, Pat Kelley, John Exley and Nick Smith, I finally get heads up with Andy Johnson around 1.50am we’re fairly even in chips so we decide to take £4k each leaving £620 to play for, we play small ball for around 40 minutes when I finally take it down on a 33625 board, shoving on the river with K3 whilst Andy was holding 56 for two pair, eventually calling me hoping that I was making a move.

I finally shook that monkey well and truly off my back making final table and eventually taking it down, not the biggest prize that I’ve ever won but one of the most important because I really
Have high esteem for dtd and it was no surprise winning poker room of the year but I was getting fed up with my poor record over there

Villa to smash Wolves up at dinnertime today – and that would make it a great weekend ;-)

6 comments:

Jumper said...

What hand where you holding vs the AJ?

Fluence said...

Nice one Steve, about time!

cashbiatch said...

you didnt say what you had against his ace jack? well done anyway! X

Steve H. said...

Sorry, I had AT v the AJ shove ;-)

Fenix35 said...

Good job Steve, nice score! First of many I'm sure...

Amatay said...

nice result Steve, congrats

Search