on 10:28



Well the house is finished now, I just got a bit of work on the front gardens and a ton of work on the rear gardens.

The weather has been great the last week or so apart from yesterday when it rained all day except for a two hour stint.

I’m connecting to the internet via a 3 pay as you go dongle, which isn’t the greatest (due to the area really) this only really allows me to play a max of about 4 screens at once, Gala / Coral is a complete hit and miss on it – so if you’ve seen me disconnecting quite a lot then that’s the reason.

The crap Internet has seen me tucked up in bed for before midnight most nights but this does have some consolation in as much as I’ve managed to wake up with the birds (feathered variety that is) and find myself on the first tee for 6am.

When I was running pubs and clubs I managed to get my handicap down to 12 and this was probably due to playing 5 days a week, when I gave the licensed trade up and went into copiers and printers I was playing probably twice a week and my handicap suffered as a result and quite quickly fell down to 15. It’s been 5 years since I played regularly and I’ve possibly had around 15 games in the last 5 years – so where do I start back off?.

Telford Golf and Country club is a good test of golf and the new owners Qhotels have spent a shit load of money on the Hotel, leisure facilities and golf course and facilities and the course is now without doubt one of the best within Shropshire. My aim is to play at least 3 times per week, giving myself a starting handicap of 18 (bogey golf) and try and get down to 14 before the New Year.


On Wednesday I scored 31 points and this morning I managed 36 points (par)

I haven’t qualified for DTD Deepstack tomorrow so will be giving it a miss, Circus Stoke have a £1500 added £100 FO on Sunday at 4pm whilst on Bank Holiday Monday there is a £100 FO with £10k guaranteed starting at 6pm at Walsall J10 and then at 8pm over at DTD (Nottingham) there is a £20 rebuy with 20 seats guaranteed (£550 x 20 = £11,000) into the Pokerstars event at DTD on 13th/16th May, so I may well be giving all three events a visit depending on how long I last down at Walsall.

Gala/Coral British Masters Tour kicks off in Bristol on Friday 7th May with £200 FO whilst the Saturday is Day1 of the £550 main event (just 1 starting day) – not sure if there is a “10 seats guaranteed” on the Thursday night live at the Magic card room in Bristol – but will let you all know.

I’m off to see my grand daughter Crystal now who’s been a bit poorly of late with some sort of sickness bug, fingers crossed that she’s feeling better.

Have a good weekend, be lucky and may your cards run good
;-)

PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT, THESE BLOGS REQUIRE ALOT OF TIME ON OUR BEHALF, IT TAKES JUST A MINUTE TO POST A COMMENT AND IT GIVES US BLOGGERS THE ENTHUSIASM TO CONTINUE PROVIDING YOU WITH OUR LITTLE ADVENTURES. THANK YOU..

3 comments:

Wildcat said...

Best of luck, and hope your grand daughter feels better soon!

Newy said...

Well done on finishin house at last. Hope to c ya walsall or stoke depending on mrs and new baby. Gud luck hope u win unless i play then i hope u get 2nd. Get well soon to ur grandaughter :0)

Eric Red Kite said...

Hi, just a short note to say your blog is still great :-) Hope you run well at Walsall on Monday .... as I don't relish the thought of playing you in the DTD Sat :-) Just kidding ;-) , hope it all goes well wherever you play.

Search