on 12:36



Last nights sup sat into this years GUKPT Walsall main event was my last throw of the dice, Having had some large repair expenses on my house over at Telford I knew that last night would be make or break.

With 86 runners stumping up the £165 required and making a total of 9 seats and around £700 in cash for 10th spot – although when the event kicked off there was less than 50 runners.

I have 9k at the first break which is ave – although at one point I was up to 19k
11.30pm with the ave at 15k I’ve got 14k with just 33 runners left
12.20 am with the ave at 18k and I’ve got 11k
1.10 am ave 25k and I’m on 27k and 20 runners left
2.10 am 11k with the ave at 34k and 14 runners left, fortunately for me 75% of the chips in play are on the other table so at least the small and big have some fold equity.
3.41am 29k having just made final table, two players turn down an offer to stump up £35 each for the extra seat so we have to play it out.
4.10am finally bagged a seat along with Colin Young, Sandu, Daz Hickman, Dave Wernick and 4 other lucky fuckers.

I was endlessly reminded by Amir (Engineer) how close I got last year and how I should have won last years main event, I reminded him that I have 85,000 reasons why I’ll never forget last years game and thanked him for reminding me anyway.

I’ll be playing the main event today and will hopefully be going back on Saturday with at least an average chip stack.



PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT, THESE BLOGS REQUIRE ALOT OF TIME ON OUR BEHALF, IT TAKES JUST A MINUTE TO POST A COMMENT AND IT GIVES US BLOGGERS THE ENTHUSIASM TO CONTINUE PROVIDING YOU WITH OUR LITTLE ADVENTURES. THANK YOU..

3 comments:

Newy said...

Nice result. Hope u go deep again this year. All the best to u and all other local lads taking part.

badcallthat said...

good luck mate am looking forward to the main event report. Either make the final an win or go an watch villa win in the final, either way should be fun!

Eric Red Kite said...

Well done getting a seat, I am personally extremely happy you are not playing the £100 events :-) Hope you go deep.

Search