on 13:19

I don’t know what it is with me and Ireland but I keep flopping massive hands and running into quads. On one of my previous trips over here on a cash table I had pocket 6’s and ran into Tommy Dunwoody’s pocket queens on a flop of Q6Q with Tommy and this other fella flat calling me all the way.

On Friday night in the Main event here I had pocket jacks on a JQQ flop, having limped in utg with the jacks we were six handed to the flop so I played the hand with caution after the small and big checked it to me I bet the pot of 600 (50/100) folds to the button who makes it 1500, I know he’s got the queen so I just flat call and peel of the next card, 9h on the turn putting straight and flush draws on board so I show some weakness and check to the button who bets out 1500 to which I call, a Q on the river and I just know that he’s hit his quads when his eyes pop out – I check and he bets a poxy 1500 into a 6600 pot, I call from my 50k stack and he has QT – I show him my holding telling him how much of a dog he was.

Last night in the £300 (20k) side event I get chipped up nice and early so decide to go watch the 2nd half of the villa match in the bar and have some lunch. I get back to the table and walk into the following hand, AA in the cut off with a raise to 875 (150/300/50) from utg (25k) folds to me so I (50k) decide to flat call here not wanting to scare the utg off, the button (40k) sb(25k) and bb(35k) all decide to tag along, flop comes down 2A2 and checks to me so I lead for 3500 folds back to the bb who makes it 8k so I flat him here thinking he must have a big ace or a deuce, a rag on the turn and he leads out for 12k so I again flat him here thinking I’ll mug him on the river, a 2 on the river and he shoves his remaining 14k and I have to call just in-case he holding the rag ace as I first suspected but in my heart I know he’s just hit the bingo card. I call and he flips 62, I muck and he asks “you have an ace” I said “No – I had pocket 7s”!!! My table then got broken up and within the hour I was back in my room playing some steps on Stars, the internet kept crashing on me so I decided on an early night.

Am heading into town today to play the £120 freeze out at the Sporting Emporium that kicks off at 4pm, I’ve always tended to be lucky here. Meeting up with Nick Wright and having some lunch – so must dash…..

John Terry faces more rumours today that will possibly put him on a par with Tiger woods (pardon the pun) I imagine that the FA will be asking him to come out and publicly apologise next. I thought Cappello was his own man and would make his own decisions – well it seems to me that Cappello has licked the arses of his employers and sacked Terry as captain when undeniably he has been the best captain that England have had now for over a decade – it would have shown greater courage to have kept Terry on as captain and disciplined him in other ways.



PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT, THESE BLOGS REQUIRE ALOT OF TIME ON OUR BEHALF, IT TAKES JUST A MINUTE TO POST A COMMENT AND IT GIVES US BLOGGERS THE ENTHUSIASM TO CONTINUE PROVIDING YOU WITH OUR LITTLE ADVENTURES. THANK YOU..

1 comments:

colin McTaggart said...

Hang in there steve the poker gods owe you a reall big payday

Search