on 12:04



I made it back to day two in the £300 main event at DTD although I was one of the short stacks with 24,400 out of the 36 runners left with 27 getting paid.

I’m on the BB when I get back holding 8d9d with the blinds at 1200/2400/200 and I call a min raise from the button, flop comes AKJ all black cards and I’m forced to fold to the button’s push – I then get blinded away till I push my remaining 10k stack with JQ suited and the BB (Andriena Nutt pictured above) calls with A3 and whilst I pick up an up/down draw on the turn I miss my outs on the river and I exit in 33rd place from a 227 runner field.

Andriena was on my final table when she went out in 3rd place to a very lucky out draw from me back in January 08 in Brighton, but there again she shouldn’t have called my pre flop raise with 5 8 spades ;-)

Post entry reads:
On the Saturday 19th I win the £100 rebuy after getting very lucky when 3 handed with the blinds at 1500/3000 I raise on the button 7500 with AcAh designed to keep the big blind involved.. She (Andriena Nutt) Called.. Flop 3s4s6s she checks and I move all in. Insta call as she’s holding 5s8s and I’m drawing very very thin.. John chapman on the small blind gestured to me that I was drawing thin and in so doing knocked my chips off the table… as I bend over to pick them up I notice that the dealer has turned an ace on the turn and as I come up with my remaining chips I see the board pair up with a red 3 to fill my boat and send Andriena crashing to the rail..


I thought at the time that Andriena was unlucky and that she would be a player to watch out for in future years. I had her company for around the last fours hours on Saturday and what I saw only reaffirmed what I thought at the time. I have had the pleasure to have played poker with some really aggressive / useful lady players i.e Jennifer Tilly and Lucy Rokash are two that instantly spring to mind, but this Andriena simply surpasses any aggression I have seen before from any female player – she (Andriena) has balls bigger than a Spanish Matador and is as fearless as Nigel Benn or Rickie Hatton. Whilst her record todate is limited I suspect that within the next two years she will be one of the top women players in this country. She eventually finished 2nd in the £300 event bagging a very welcome £14,400 with Hassan Irfan coming first for £24,700

On busting out of the £300 I decided that I would play the £150 event that attracted 144 runners and a pot of £21,600 to play for, I got quite chipped up but took a massive hit with AQ v A7 all in pre with Chinesse Frankie and he spikes a 7 on the flop for about 65% of my stack – I then get moved tables and I lose 50% of my stack in the bb with JQ hearts after it had folded round to the sb and he shoved with K3 with his king holding up, I then get it all in with 99 v AK aipf and the ace being the window card. I eventually bust out in 29th spot

I then have a 90minute journey home in sub zero temps and time to reflect on two deep runs.

Got my hotel and flights booked up for the Green Joker Poker deepstack weekend for next month in Dublin, now I just need to get myself a seat!!!!






Be Lucky ;-)


PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT, THESE BLOGS REQUIRE ALOT OF TIME ON OUR BEHALF, IT TAKES JUST A MINUTE TO POST A COMMENT AND IT GIVES US BLOGGERS THE ENTHUSIASM TO CONTINUE PROVIDING YOU WITH OUR LITTLE ADVENTURES. THANK YOU..

1 comments:

Yorkshire Pud said...

Good luck for the rest of 2010.

Search