on 11:06





Saturdays $20 + $2 (+$20 for a rebuy) is what it cost me to get into the Sunday 8.30pm $250+$20 GUKPT satellite.

I couldn’t ask for a harder starting table when I am seated with Karl Mahrenholz, Jeff Kimber, Charlie Denton and Jimmy Morgan (Jimmy won 9 seats and a final package on line last year)

I got an early double up when on the 9th hand of the evening I call a raise 3xbb (60 )in late position with KQo flop comes 4hQs5c my oppo (FY1WDWYTM) leads out for 120, I re-raise to 240 here only to be re-popped up to 560 figuring I may have walked myself into AQ I decide to flat call, Turn comes the Kh, Just as I’m figuring I must be ahead now my oppo decides to push all-in, starting to regret getting myself into this position as I don’t really know where I am with hand as he could have an overpair (this was my thinking here) or he could have hit a set or he could be on the flush or straight draws, “whatever” I cant lay it down and I make the call – if I’m wrong then I’m down to less than 100, oppo flips 8h5h for 3rd pair and a flush draw (10 outs) he misses and I scoop a pot putting me up to 5k+ very early.



Jeff went down to the felt (350) very early after he’s JJ was no match for 10 10 all-in on a 10 high flop, not long after this he got involved in the blinds with his mate Karl, Karl limping to Jeff’s bb, Jeff raised it 6xbb leaving himself just 200 behind and Karl went over the top-“good to see you playing it in that sprit lads, respect to you”.

Blinds at 20/40 I limp utg with AKo expecting a raise, NO raise and 5 to the flop – 993r, C C C C bet 145 F F call, A on the turn and I check call oppo’s (Doctorfun1) bet of 295, Q on the river and again I check call a bet of 725 oppo flips over 8 6 for a bluff, this puts me up close to 10k with just 55k in play and we’d only lost 4 players at this point.

With 2 packages worth ($2250 each) and $270 for 3rd-5th and $190 for 6th we eventually make final table around 11pm, it then takes 70 minutes to lose the next player, we finally got down to 5 left at 1.01am when Karl sends Bobbybh1001 to the rails with AAvAJ all in pre.

I maintain the chip lead for most of the night with the exception of about 20 minutes while Karl took over. Around 01.10am with just 5 players left I am on the bb 200/400/50ra I’ve got around 10.5k and I’m in 2nd position having just lost around 6k to Karl with a straight whilst he made a full house, anyways it folds round to the sb (Onny87) who pushes all in for 6699, I find Ad9d in the hole, this was the third time in about 6 bb’s that he’d made this move on me, I thought that if I get it wrong then at least I’ll still have around 3.4k and I don’t mind pushing a short stack, I called and he flips over 8d4d board comes QTJ35 putting me up to 17k with just 4 left.


Singh87TBS (Gary) is next to exit in 4th spot when he’s 56 is no match for A6 of SoooSick on the board of 777K2.

Some 20 minutes later blinds at 250/500/50ra I’m on the button and first to speak, I raise to 1500 with pocket 9s, Karl gets out of the way and SoooSick goes over the top for another 10,789 I make the call leaving myself short stack of around 7k should I lose, He flips over AK and the board comes down 66TJJ

I was hoping to play the £200 and £300 in Manchester tonight and tomorrow but I’m being messed around by a couple of my tenants over in Telford so I may only be able to play the main event now.
A massive thanks to all of you who have wished me well with the Black Belt grading.

Well done to Everton on turning over Man United and making it through to the Final against Chelsea later next month. I dont think Sir Alex gave the FA.Cup the greatest of respect which was plain to see by the squad that he selected - so you could say that they got what they deserved and my mate Baldy will be a happy bunny today.


More later.



PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT, THESE BLOGS REQUIRE ALOT OF TIME ON OUR BEHALF, IT TAKES JUST A MINUTE TO POST A COMMENT AND IT GIVES US BLOGGERS THE ENTHUSIASM TO CONTINUE PROVIDING YOU WITH OUR LITTLE ADVENTURES also TELL ME WHAT MUSIC YOU'D LIKE TO HEAR WHEN YOU DROP BY, THANK YOU..

5 comments:

Joppa Road said...

vwp...nice result.

JR

ROSSI said...

nice result steve

JonnyBCash said...

Well done. Things are coming together for you.

Good luck with the blackbelt thing. It look sto good to be true? Take heart that even Jerry wins on the <$1 6-max tables!

JB

Steve H. said...

Joppa, Rossi, JonnyB & Jerry, thank you all for your best wishes. I am going to play the main event on Thursday and hopefully going back on Saturday with more than a bowl of rice.

Dom said...

Well done stevey boy. Might see u in manc as am planning on popping up weds/thurs to play an sat to the main and some cash. glglgl!

Search