on 18:09



Had to take Claire back to Wolverhampton last night after tea so it was a good excuse for me to go to Bridgnorth for the 888.com sat’s and play it as a cash table as I’ve already got 2 seats in the final.

I get AA and get paid off Anthony who’s listening to his ipod this week as I put him on tilt with the table banter last week.

Down to 4 and I’m 2/1 chip leader, folds to me on the button Qh 10h so I raise to 25k blinds at 5/10k, folds to Ali on the BB who calls, Jh 3d As flop, checked to me so I bet out for 30k and the bb shoves for another 17k I so don’t want to call but am priced in now, nothing comes for me and I donate 72k to Ali.

I then lose an 80k pot to a set over set affair when my 4s are no match for Js and I’m down to 39k when we get 3 handed, blinds at 7/15k I’m on the button and find 7d2d pushing my stack over the line I get looked up by the sb who wakes up with AQ spades, two diamonds on a ten high flop offer me some outs although a black ace on the turn almost seals my fate, brick on the river and it’s “see you next week lads – I’m off to Walsall”

Spivver gives me some news that I will blog about when I’ve got more information on it – but if you’ve liked the Ladbrokes poker million then watch this space for some good news…..

So I make it to Walsall with 10 minutes to spare before they shut off the alternates, £30 Dc freezeout 2x3000 chips. 8900 at the break getting up to 12k just after the break. I’m utg and find AdKs I decide to limp as Sandu is on the button and I expect him to pump it up.. he didn’t and there was 5 of us to the flop, 3 Q k rainbow checks to me so I bet out 600 into a 1100 pot, I pick up 2 callers, 7h on the turn putting 2 hearts on board, checks to me so I bet out 1500 into 2900 pot, fold/ re-raise me to 4500, I put my oppo on a flush draw here so just flat call leaving myself 6500, King on the river (non-heart) my oppo who has me covered shoves all in and I think he’s at it – I call with my trip kings and he has pocket three’s for the boat, so I sail away with my tail between my legs.


What a beautiful day it is outside already, I’m meeting up with my mate Graham later for a game of golf, he’s already said “I aint giving you a shot on every hole”, so we’ve decided on every hole except the par 3s – lets see how many birdie’s I can nail. "today, I am Tiger Woods!!!".

PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT, THESE BLOGS REQUIRE ALOT OF TIME ON OUR BEHALF, IT TAKES JUST A MINUTE TO POST A COMMENT AND IT GIVES US BLOGGERS THE ENTHUSIASM TO CONTINUE PROVIDING YOU WITH OUR LITTLE ADVENTURES.

2 comments:

Phillipia said...

Steve, I love to read your posts, but I admit I have to skim over all the poker lingo because I have no clue...

NewinNov said...

Leaving a post as you requested. Funny how you move from blog to blog. Your mate Joppa Road posted to a site I read then you left a comment. See there are small time poker grinders all over. Agree that it is good to get out sometimes for some fresh air and exercise; looking at a screen for hours can get dull.

Search