on 11:15


Walsall Grand Final Day

Final table chip counts:

Sunny Chattha 905k

Alan Trueick..465k

Aaron Barry.....392k

Joe Grech.......357k

John Miller.......311k

Mickey Wernick......210k

James Akenhead..194k

Senh man Ung.......131k

Steve Holden......65k


Well the last couple of days have just disappeared so quickly.

Firstly, thank you to everyone that has sent me a good luck message, text, comment or phone call, they are all very much appreciated.

I went back for the start of day 2 below the ave with the mindset to try and get 4 double ups, I have a fantastic first hour getting AJ, AK, KK, AA, AA. KK AK, AQ, AK getting paid on two occasions.


I get up to the ave, soon taking chip daddy status on the table, getting up to 90k for the dinner break - having just been moved to the left of Josh Tyler (same position as our Partypoker European Open scrap) who's is possibly the comp chip daddy with 170k ish.

I go for a curry in the break as Walsall's nosh leaves a lot to be desired.

I have a conversation with the missus telling her that I know me and Josh will get it on and he'll either knock me out or double me up...

3 hands after the break and Josh is a gooner, He raises in the cut off to 8k with JQ getting a shove from Tino in the BB for another 18k, Josh makes the call saying that he's hoping that Tino's holding a small pair, Tino's AQ giving Josh just 3 outs which dont arrive for him.

Next hand, Senh Man Ung and Josh Tyler get in the mix.... With around 20k in the middle Senh pusses on the turn for 65k after an initial bet from josh of 12k.... Josh snap calls and flips J-9 on a board of 4 Q J 9 Senh shows K 10 for the straight, No help for Josh on the river!!!!

Then on my BB Josh limps and I find AA, I raise another 5k blinds at 1500/3000, Josh calls, flop Q-J-9 Josh bets 12,000 I repop it to 35,000 Josh moves all in with me snap calling Josh has K-Q and has many outs. Turn 8, River 4 putting me up to 170k.

I get some cards getting me up to 525k at one point with 2 tables left.

I'm on Sunny Chatta's and James Akenhead's table, stuff me it's like being in an orange squeezer with any moves from me getting re-raised and my spots very limited.

I then make it 26k pre flop(4k/8k)Sunny Chattha calls, Flop is J-8-3 Sunny checks, I bets 60k, Sunny moves all in for 60k more, too much in there for me to pass now,Sunny Q-J I have A-8(6 outs) Turn 4 River 6. This dents my stack considerably so I try to steady the ship.

About 40 minutes later whils we were hand for hand for final table I call a raise of 20k from the cut off (Aaron Barry) with 10 7 diamonds Flop is J J 3 with 2 diamonds on board, I make a pot sized bet here of 60k to get reshoved for another 70k, I got the flush draw with no fold equity so i make the call,Aaron had JQ, turn 4c River Diamond, but its the Q giving my oppo the full house. I'm down to 120k.

Next hand I'm hot under the collar and I raise 45k on the sb to get re-popped by James, K3o in the hole so I muck.

Sunny eliminates a player on the other table making himself a massive chip leader with over 900k whilst I go back with my bowl of rice (65k)

I have no game plan for today as my chip stack will dictate my play for the first 2 levels if I can survive for that long.


PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT, THESE BLOGS REQUIRE ALOT OF TIME ON OUR BEHALF, IT TAKES JUST A MINUTE TO POST A COMMENT AND IT GIVES US BLOGGERS THE ENTHUSIASM TO CONTINUE PROVIDING YOU WITH OUR LITTLE ADVENTURES.

9 comments:

Tony (brighton) said...

Good Luck Steve. Hope you get thar important hand early...

Steve H. said...

Thanks Tony,

I'll be looking for all the luck I can get ;-)

TEAMDOBB said...

good stuff matey just heard and good luck today

EGGINU said...

Hi steve
good luck.sounds like u was a bit unlucky.
simon(egginu)

Mike & Lou said...

congrats on your finish, ul with that last hand.

Mike

Fenix35 said...

Good luck hope you make the big score!

Martin 'BigBills' Devlin said...

Thanks for your best wishes Steve, well done in Walsall. Will you be at the 50k'r at DTD on the 7th? If so, we can have a drink.

Pokerstar Blog said...

Hello

Great blog you have ;)

Good luck.

I see that you link to many pokerblogs, would you mind linking to The Pokerstar Blog ?
http://pokerstarblog.blogspot.com

Steve H. said...

Thanks for all the best wishes, they are all greatly aprechiated. I had many texts during the game and shortly afterwards due to my blog and the coverage mainly on AWOP and thenutstv.co.uk and also blonde. It's times like that - that you can apprechiate the power of the media.

Many many thanks

Search