on 20:41

This months Inside Poker is out now and there is a 4 page article where myself and Chris Bruce from Nottingham give readers advice in how to progress through the varying different stages of on-line satellite qualification. On sale at all good newsagents (WHSmith).



Travelled over to Bridgnorth last night for the £35 sit n go satellite, I took my laptop with me as I wanted to play in the Boyle poker game at 8pm then the DTD game at 8.30pm, so I pre registered for them. I get an early double up from Marcus.

The missus in seat 10 raises utg to 6k (blinds at 1k/2k), Marcus flat calls, I find 8h5h in the hole so I decide to go rabbit hunting after Andrea as she has sucked out on me twice now in as many games (oh for the power of love) so I just wanted to spank her with a shit starting hand, anyways…I digress, a call from the bb as well, flop comes 8d 4h 3d, Andrea fires out 8k bet to get re-raised by Marcus to 16k, I decide to peel off another card, (I was having trouble getting connected to my dongle – so I wasn’t too concerned about giving Andrea my chips in this spot – although Marcus being in the middle wasn’t good) I call the 16k, bb folds, Andrea passes her JJ here, 7h on the turn gives me so many outs, before I can work it out Marcus has gone all-in, I call telling him “I’m behind, but I got loads of outs” Marcus flips pocket rockets but the river card comes a Qh to give me the flush.

I then mess about for about another 45 minutes trying to get connection on the dongle but to no joy (forget living in Bridgnorth if you've only got Vodaphone), Andrea gets eliminated and takes the laptop in the bar area looking for a better connection.

I get down to 4 handed when I am on the bb with 67o utg has made it 20k blinds at 5/10k folds round to me so I push all in for 101k total, another 81k to call me which Steve does in an instant with A 10 – he leaves himself with about 15k if he loses the call, the ace is good and it holds up for him.

I then go to the bar area and eventually get the wireless password from the barmaid and get connected “great” – “shit” I’ve only got enough to pay the running ante on Boylepoker and on DTD I’m on the button with just 645 chips left, rebuy period has passed and I’m holding 66, I push on the button and both the sb and bb call checking it all the way to the river, an ace on the river and I know I’m screwed, so out I go.


Happy St Patricks day to all my Irish readers.




On-line grind today.



PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT, THESE BLOGS REQUIRE ALOT OF TIME ON OUR BEHALF, IT TAKES JUST A MINUTE TO POST A COMMENT AND IT GIVES US BLOGGERS THE ENTHUSIASM TO CONTINUE PROVIDING YOU WITH OUR LITTLE ADVENTURES.

0 comments:

Search