on 16:06


Back into 4th position after a 0-1 home defeat to Chelsea.


Is this the end of our season, I hope not, what have we got to do to ensure champions league soccer at Villa park next season, well- finishing 4th for starters will do nicely, how we going to do it? We have to find the spirit that we had back in 1981 season, we have to fight for everything like a finely tuned army, the Villa Army, Come on you lads don’t throw it all away now.


Played at Walsall last night in the £50 rebuy sat. (JB) Jonathon Butters, Roger the dodger, several other familiar faces from the Walsall bingo hall also present on my table.

I play my usual aggressive game raising every pot that I am in, I’m probably playing every 1 in 2 hands early doors, I get lucky towards the end of the first level holding A9 on a 9 10 5 Q board, JB makes it 675 and I make the call not realizing he was all in and we are on our backs, John flips over Q5 and embarrassingly river 9 and I suck out. *(amended after reading JB's blog - his memory is far superior to mine).

I bluff a few pots and win a couple of big ones when we reach the last three hands I am sitting nicely on 9800 having done no rebuy’s, 2 hands left 6 9 off on the bb and there’s 6 in the pot when I check my option, 6 9 4 rainbow flop, check/check utg+1(Savos) bets 1200 into a 700 pot he's holding 9100, I’m the only one on the table who can take him out, folds round to me so I make it 3500 telling Savos to get out the pot, Savos makes a fantastic call here with his 10 10 limped pocket pair by shoving all in, I call and I ask “trips”? No he says “overpair” turn is a 4, I have to pass my nicely built stack over to some donkey who I know wont even make a seat out of the 12 seats that were up for grabs, £50 rebuy and £50 add on at the break, 5 minutes at the bar with JB and the missus but I’m still on tilt when I get back to the table.

First hand back after the break and Savos the Walsall donkey limps utg(200) to get raised in the cut off for 3100, cut off hasn’t played a hand for over 1 hour, folds back to Savos who is sitting there with 18k (9k of mine) and he calls for an extra 2900 with pocket 9s, cut off flips Ah Qh
board comes AQ7 4 7 with 4 spades, you guessed it the 99s wins.

I try to mix itup with Savos on his BB, it's my button so I min raise to 800 with 7 9 off, the sb min raises me to 1600, Savos on the bb folds, I call the extra 800 leaving myself 3200 behind, I hit a 7 high flop, he checks so I move all in picking an insta call up from the sb with pocket aces.

Giving tonight at Walsall a miss as it’s a £100 rebuy but am looking forward to the rest of the events starting tomorrow.

Johnny Texas Hewston has had his book "From Sixpences to Dollars” published this is supposed to be an autobiography but even without reading it – I just know that it will be a work found under the fiction headings in all good libraries.

PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT, THESE BLOGS REQUIRE ALOT OF TIME ON OUR BEHALF, IT TAKES JUST A MINUTE TO POST A COMMENT AND IT GIVES US BLOGGERS THE ENTHUSIASM TO CONTINUE PROVIDING YOU WITH OUR LITTLE ADVENTURES.

3 comments:

NoCash said...

cheers steve. good luck fella

The Rage said...

Great blog. Very nice read. I like the music too. All The Best-Rage.

Steve H. said...

Thanks No Cash...

Rage, I notice by your profile that your in the process of setting your blog up? I may be wrong, anyway, goodluck with it mate and I hope you get as much pleasure from blogging as I do. I have set myself up as a follower, so get blogging buddy ;-)

Search