on 08:24

***** GUKPT MAIN EVENT TICKET *****

Yesterday started off really crap, I rolled $400 into $3275 in 4 hours on the cash tables on ipoker, moving up from 1/2$ 2/4$ 3/6$ 5/10$ I then have the following wipe out, 6 handed, I'm utg with kh kd, I raise to 35$, folds to (D) who males it 160$ to go, (4650$) is how much he's playing. blinds fold so I flat call the raise, Kc Jd Jh on the flop so I check here, (D) checks, 7h on the turn, I bet out here for 150$, (D) repops me to 475$, putting him on A J here I re-raise up to $1100 to which he puts me all in, cant wait to get my chips in fast enough, when he flips over pocket Jacks for the quads snd 4 hours hard work has just gone down the drain. This has happened to me before on a cash table in Dublin with big Tommy Dunwoody being the lucky fooker to have flopped quads.


I then took a 30 minute phone call from Paul at Inside poker, this was an interview about strategies for playing and qualifying into big events via on-line satellites, due in this months edition of the magazine, so look at for it, on sale at leading newsagents ;-)


I then played the GUKPT (London Vic) sat on ipoker at 9.05pm $105 freezeout, 128 runners creating 3 x 6500$ packages with cash 109$ down to 25th. I play till the first break, leaving the missus with 2600 (starting stack 2k).


I shoot off down to Walsall to play the £30 rebuy satellite for a seat for the Walsall leg of the GUKPT main event. I have 2 rebuys and a top up, so I'm back after the break with 9600 for an outlay of £120. 44 runners generating a pot of £3570 making 3 seats + £390.


I get to the 2nd break with 16k with the ave at 16k and 19 runners left, I also get a text off Andrea telling me she's just gone out of the sat in 40th place running AQ into pockets 6s all in pre-flop, I text back that I still love her anyway.


We make final table at 3.30am, I've got 52k with the ave at 34k but the blinds will ensure that there will be little play. There is a major collision early on with the two chips leaders train crashing, then we lose one of the shortstacks. we chop the money up 7 handed ensuring that everyone is a winner now with 7th getting £90 and 4-6 getting £100 each.


I lose a couple of races putting me down as low as 12k at one point, I go into push mode getting up to 40k when I am utg with 10/J spades so I push (again) this time getting looked up by Tony Harman on the SB with AJ, I catch a straight draw on the flop and a flush draw on the turn, Ace of spades comes sailing down the river to give me the nut flush and enough chips to take me out of push mode for a while anyway.


Eventually at 5.30am, blinds at 5k/10k/500 r/a Rob Reece goes all in utg for 40k, I'm on the sb with AA blanks for rob giving me a seat (20% saver for Di stallion) for the main event at Walsall, I just hope that I'm not sat on Andrea's table now or at least till the Sunday anyway ;-).


The remaining semi final and final of this years partypoker.com European OpenV is today, if you want to follow the live action then take the link to:


otherwise I'll blog the result later today or tomorrow sometime.


I'll be playing at Broadway tonight in the £30 DC freezeout, approx 170 runners and I got shit loads of ironing to do as we are off to Dublin on Sunday for a non-poker 3 days away as it's half term.


Off to bed now for some well earned sleep. ZZZZZZzzzzzzzz..............

PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT, THESE BLOGS REQUIRE ALOT OF TIME ON OUR BEHALF, IT TAKES JUST A MINUTE TO POST A COMMENT AND IT GIVES US BLOGGERS THE ENTHUSIASM TO CONTINUE PROVIDING YOU WITH OUR LITTLE ADVENTURES.

1 comments:

Dom said...

That cash hand is a touch harsh mate!

Also wd with the seat, ill cya there bud.

Search