on 14:58


Walsall attracted 148 runners for the £200+20 Freezeout generated a pot of £29600. 2 x 4000 chips and I take an early dent when on the sb with pocket kings, 4 limpers before it gets to me 25/50 so I hump it up to 525 and pick up 2 callers, 7 5 2 all spades, I bet out 1100 (I'm holding k spades) BB calls and Essy moves all in, I notice that the BB has moved for her stack so I decide to pass on this occasion, BB calls, Essy has a set of 5s and BB has pocket 8s with the 8 spades, Essy's set holds up.
*
I then get bluffed out of a pot by (Daz) Darren Hickman so I have to reload with my second lot of chips and get back to 6k at the first break. First hand back after the break, folds round to me in the cut off, 77 in the hole so I make it 1100 to go (100/200) and Daz call on the BB after a bit of a dwell, 8 10 8 on the flop Daz bets out 1100 after fumbling with his chips, I read him for being weak with AK or AQ so I shove all in, he thinks for a short while, 30 seconds or so and I actually think my read is right, he then calls with with pocket kings (great read).
*
Some good names playing at Walsall included Dave "The Hat" Smith, Jonothon Butters, Dezzy, Andy Johnson, Marcus Bebb-Jones, Frankie Knight, Greek Jack & Mad Turk, Not much dead money in the pot I need to add.
*
I then retreat home to play on Pokerstars, AK kills me in at least 5 tourneys while I manage to pick a victory up late in the day.
*
£20 rebuy at Broadway tonight whilst tomorrow is the £300 2 dayer at DTD

0 comments:

Search